OK, Readers: Love it or Hate it?
An Artist’s Bold and Colorful House in Austin
by hookedonhouses on September 22, 2011
After seeing countless gray and white rooms in magazines and around the blogosphere this year, artist Elizabeth Chapin’s colorful house in Austin really woke me up. You can tell that a bold and creative person lives here, and that she treats her rooms like an extension of her art.
If the color of this bathroom didn’t wake you up in the morning, I don’t know what would:
My daughter Lily loved this house, but she really flipped when she saw this pink bedroom with the canopy bed and the big doll house in front of it:
Read the interview for more details and see many more photos of her house at Apartment Therapy. Visit Elizabeth Chapin’s website for more information about her artwork. Thanks to Gayle at Vintage Farmhouse for bringing it to my attention.
Hooked on Non-Gray Rooms?
- LeAnn’s White Kitchen Gets a Makeover with Color
- Kirstie Alley’s Cottage on Maine Island Isn’t Afraid of Pink
- Pascale’s Colorful Kitchen in Portland
- Rene’s Colorful Style House Call (apartmenttherapy.com)
- A Pretty Color Combo: Pink & Brown House Beautiful (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Alex Fulton’s Flirtatious Use of Crazy Color House Tour (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Love It or Hate It? A Dark Gray Kitchen (casasugar.com)
- Color blocking for your house (papillonchouette.wordpress.com)
- Midday Muse: Who’s Afraid of Color? (casasugar.com)