Nature and history lovers the world over flock to the area for its untamed rugged beauty, blue-ribbon rivers & unique cultural legacy.
Part of the immense Nez Perce National Historic Park is located directly across the highway, site of the legendary “Heart of the Monster”. This geological formation is one of 38 sites spread across thousands of acres of untamed Idaho wilderness & attracts hundreds of visitors every year.
This scenic region of north-central Idaho is the largest public wilderness area in the lower 48 states, a true Sportsman’s Paradise, drawing year-round crowds. World famous Clearwater River, a stone’s throw from the Resort, is on every angler’s bucket list. The Clearwater River produces the largest, hardest- fighting B-run Steelhead anywhere! Area rivers include the Lochsa, Salmon & Selway. White water river trips are highly coveted & are often pre-booked years in advance. At the height of Spring runoff, area rivers can challenge the most experienced navigators.
Wildlife is abundant in these parts. Hunters and nature enthusiasts thrill to sightings of Deer, Elk, Bear, Mountain Lion, Pheasant, Grouse & Mountain Goats. The occasional moose always stops traffic! Fall & Spring fishing seasons, hunting season, white-water river adventures, hiking & sightseeing draw year-round crowds and repeat business for the Resort.
The Resort is located 1.5 miles from Kamiah, Idaho, a progressive small town with a Western/Victorian Motif. Kamiah offers excellent schools, sports programs, and medical services.
If the area draws them in, then the Resort and its many amenities keeps them coming back. This well-established business, first built in 1979, has continued to grow and thrive under visionary ownership. It currently boasts a full menu of guest accommodations and services:
- 21 Room Motel, built to Best Western standards in 1994 (8 rooms with 1 King bed; 13 rooms with 2 Queen beds)
- RV Park with 140+ RV sites (45 Pull-through sites) & 30—50 Amp power
- Fishing Pond stocked with trout
- Laundry Facilities
- 1720 sqft private home, which could serve as Owner’s/Manager residence.
- Water Company with deeded water rights serving 90+ customers & room to expand.
- The idyllic setting features beautiful natural landscaping and is shaded with over 300 Poplar, Pine & Fruit trees.
Green grass carpets the open gathering areas, complete with a lovely Gazebo, Pond with Fountain.
- Charming antiques dot the park-like grounds, beckoning visitors to the serenity and simplicity of yesteryear.
- This is the venue for a Bike Rallies, Family Reunions, Weddings, and the Annual Bluegrass Festival, to name
- just a few. It’s no mystery why New and Returning Guests & Events are booked well into 2013.
Call for a complete list of amenities, legal descriptions, and equipment/inventory.
Call Randy Oetken
Check it out at
Nez Perce of Idaho http://www.byways.org/stories/56074
Northwest Passage Scenic Byway Overview http://www.byways.org/stories/46937
Heart of the Monster http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2043/places/37702/
Clearwater National Forest http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/clearwater/VisitorInfo/Assets/pdfs/hwy12_corridor.pdf Travel the Lewis and Clark Trail
Kamiah, Idaho http://www.kamiahchamber.com/
Moose Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ocallaghanfamily/1120171084/